The goal of Harris County Promise is to increase the number of students in our community earning a postsecondary credential by eliminating financial barriers, increasing support, and aligning resources. Harris County Promise is more than a scholarship! It is a community investment designed to provide unparalleled access to higher education. The Harris County Promise program provides all Texas resident seniors from participating high schools access to a last-dollar scholarship that covers the full cost of tuition and fees at a partner college. Students also receive assistance with books and additional support to help them complete their degrees.
WHAT PROMISE OFFERS STUDENTS
- Last-dollar scholarship covering tuition, fees, and assistance with books at participating Promise colleges
- College access associates to help you navigate the Promise process
- Additional supports to assist once you enroll in college
- A community-wide investment in your future
STEPS TO BECOME A PROMISE SCHOLAR
- Take the Promise Pledge
- Apply to your participating Promise college
- Submit the FAFSA or TASFA
- Complete all enrollment steps at your participating Promise college
WHY THIS MATTERS FOR HOUSTON
Texas has set a goal of 60X30—by 2030, 60% of students in our state will have a postsecondary credential. At our current rate we are not on track to reach this goal, and thousands of students each year are entering the workforce under-prepared. Harris County Promise is on a mission to change this narrative for students in our community.